If you have been arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated (DUI / DWI), we can help. There are numerous factors that can work in your favor and result in the dismissal of your case. For a conviction to be rendered, the burden of proof is on the People of the State of New York, meaning the arresting officer and the prosecution. All aspects of the charges must be proven.
The following are a few reasons why your charges could be dropped, but are by no means an exhaustive list:
- Improper administration of a sobriety test
- Improper administration of a chemical test
- Lack of probable cause
- Error of the arresting officer
- Failure to read you your Miranda Rights
- Lack of correlation between the stop and the DUI
Each of these human, mechanical, or procedural factors are subject to error. We review all of them to determine which can work in your favor.