Location:2 Overhill Road, Suite 400
Scarsdale, NY 10583
Stewart Orden’s clients benefit from his more than 35 years of litigation experience. He has represented thousands of clients in Federal and State courts throughout New York and New Jersey and has tried and obtained “not guilty” verdicts and monetary judgments on behalf of clients in all types of criminal cases.
Stewart also has decades of experience successfully negotiating complete dismissals of serious cases and other resolutions which protect his clients’ liberty and dignity. Stewart is proud that many of his client referrals come from his former opponents—prosecutors, case workers, and opposing counsel—as well as from well-satisfied prior clients.
Stewart’s decades-long career includes litigating several high-profile and reported cases, including:
- United States v. Fontanez, 878 F.2d 33.
- United States v. Castillo, 924 F.2d 122.
- United States v. Washington, 861 F.2d 350.
- United States v. Castano, 756 F.Supp. 820.
- People v. Gega, 151 Misc.2d 70.
Awards and Recognition
- Faculty at the National Institute of Trial Advocacy from 1983 to present
- Former adjunct Professor of Law at Benjamin Cardozo School of Law
- Senior Trial Lawyer for the Kings County District Attorney, 1980-1987
- Listed in “Who’s Who in American Law”
- Finalist, Moot Court Competition, 1977
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D., 1979
- Clark University, B.A. in Biology, 1975
- New York State
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- United States District Courts
- All Districts of New York
- Personal Injury
- Matrimonial Law
- Security Fraud
- Civil RICO
- Civil Appeals
- Sexual Harassment
- Complex Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- White Collar Crime
- Criminal Defense
- Federal Criminal Law
- Drug Crimes
- State Crimes
- Civil Rights